As far as it is at all possible and depends on you, live in peace with all people.Romans 12,18
At the moment there is a lot of talk in the media about war in Europe – especially Ukraine/Russia. A real hype. It is accused, rushed, lied. No one is better or worse.
I wonder why people are so warlike. Actually, we should have learned from history: Millions of dead from the 1st and 2nd World War, Vietnam, Gulf Wars, Afghanistan, … speak a clear language! But instead of talking sensibly, on eye level, discussing, manipulating, threatening, saber rattling. There are often personal sensitivities (“Mom, he stole my shovel, now I’ll hit him!”), prejudices and, in my eyes, above all economic and power-political interests behind it.
Well, maybe a few people who have more power and money afterwards….
…but many millions of losers,
- who have to live in bombed cities,
- who have to starve because the fields are burned,
- who lose their sons and daughters at the front, because they are sent there by the big politicians,
- children who lose their parents,
- who can no longer sleep at night because of the horrors they have experienced,
- who are crippled by combat,
- who are losing their jobs because the economy is going down the drain,
- and so on …
Because God does not want disorder, He wants peace.1 Corinthians 14,33
There is nothing good about war. It holds only chaos, destruction and death for us!
We humans from the simple people are not interested in your war junk! We do not want war! But we have to pay for the crap.
So: Sit down and talk sensibly with each other instead of driving us into war!
Stand up for peace! Write to your heads of state! Take to the streets for peace! Make yourselves noticeable! Do not accept everything! Start making peace in small ways!
Blessed are the peacemakers, for God will call them his children.Matthew 5,9